In line with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, as well as federal guidance from the Trump Administration, the county is encouraging citizens to follow these guidelines:
- Listen to and follow the directions of your state and local authorities.
- If you feel sick, stay home. Do not go to work. Contact your medical provider.
- If your children are sick, keep them at home. Do not send them to school. Contact your medical provider.
- If someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19, keep the entire household at home. Do not go to work. Do not go to school. Contact your medical provider.
- If you are an older person, stay home and away from other people.
- If you are a person with a serious underlying health condition that can put you at increased risk (for example, a condition that impairs your lung or heart function or weakens your immune system), stay home and away from other people.
- Even if you are young, or otherwise healthy, you are at risk and your activities can increase the risk for others. It is critical that you do your part to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 50 people.
- Avoid eating or drinking in bars, restaurants, and food courts – use drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips, and social visits.
- Do not visit nursing homes or retirement or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical assistance.
- Practice common sense and personal responsibility.
The county is also encouraging the public to practice good hygiene:
- Wash your hands, especially after touching any frequently used item or surface.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Sneeze or cough into a tissue, or the inside of your elbow.
- Disinfect frequently used items and surfaces as much as possible.
You may also call the DHSS hotline at 877-435-8411 for questions regarding COVID-19 in Missouri or Camden County Health Department 573-346-5479.
If you think you or a family member is sick with COVID-19 contact your medical provider first before going to the Hospital or Doctor’s office and they will advise you how to proceed. If you have any questions or concerns contact the COVID-19 Hotline 24 hours a day seven days a week at (877)-435-8411.