Camden County Missouri

A great place to live, work, and start a business in Missouri


Camden County lies in the south central part of the State of Missouri, and is bordered by Morgan; Miller; Pulaski; Laclede; Dallas; Hickory; and Benton Counties. Camden County encompasses 655.2 square miles, or 419,330 acres.

The County was created by an act of the Legislature, and originally named “County of Kinderhook” after President Van Buren’s residence. The Act was approved by Gov. Thomas Reynolds on January 29, 1841.

Accordingly, on the first Monday of March, 1841, Laban Ivy, David Fulbright and Miles Vernon, the county court justices met at the house of Thomas M. Pollard, and organized their court by electing Laban Ivy president. James N. B, Dodson was then appointed clerk of the court, and Martin Fulbright received his Commission from the governor of the State authorizing him to perform functions of the office of sheriff of the county, and William A. Pope was appointed assessor of revenues. The County organization was complete.

On February 23, 1843, the General Assembly of the State of Missouri changed the name of County of Kinderhook to the County of Camden.

Latest News

Airport Road
PUBLIC NOTICE 21354 The Camden County Com­mission will conduct a public hearing to discuss the con­demnation of a portion of Forbes Road and the reloca­tion of access to the balance of Forbes Road at the regu­lar Commission meeting to be held on the 22nd day of May, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. The purpose of the condemnation action filed by the City of Camdenton is to expand the runway at the Camdenton Memorial-Lake Regional Air­port. The public will be enti­tled to ask questions and express any comments or concerns at this meeting. First Insertion: 05-15-19, 140-094 Last Insertion: 05-15-19, 140-Q94

County Levy
2018 County Levy(MIL RATE)

New Flood Plain Maps Are In Effect
Layer available for review on GIS

Election Information
Available on County Clerk’s Page

Save a Trip to the Assessor’s Office
by Filing Your Assessment Online

Commission District Map