Camden County Treasurer
The role of the Camden County Treasurer, as an elected official, is to serve the citizens of Camden County by performing all duties as set forth in the Missouri State Statutes, mainly, but not limited to, Chapter 54 RSMo. It is the duty of the Treasurer to be the custodian of all revenues paid to the county. All monies received in my office are collateralized in accordance to state law and are deposited into Federal insured bank accounts.
As the Investment Officer of the county, I am responsible for investing monies that are not needed for day-to-day operations of the county. I continually monitor investments and maintain short-term investments to have enough monies readily available to pay current operating expenses.
The Treasurer’s duties are many as well as varied. Each requiring the efficient and reliable handling of public funds. County Treasurers are responsible for balancing, reconciling and ensuring that monies are correctly accounted for in separate funds as required by Missouri law. The County Treasurer holds a key position of public trust in the financial affairs of your government. The main task of the Treasurer is to appropriate funding for all county revenues and the distribution of expenses by being the final signatory.
A few duties of the County Treasurer include:
- Managing 84 funds
- Custodian of Juvenile Services Funds for the 26th Judicial Circuit
- Custodian of School Fines
- Prepare and present financial reports and settlement reports
- Keep a daily balance sheet of all funds recording receipts and disbursements
- Provide a semi-annual settlement and annual financial report to the County Commission to show the financial condition of each fund.
- Obtains adequate surety bond coverage for the Treasurer’s Office
- Prepares and assists in the preparation and process for the bid of the County banking depository
- Calculate and allocate interest earned to county funds
- Reports and disburses all fines, penalties, and interest to the school districts of the county
- Reports and disburses all financial institution taxes and interest to the school districts, fire districts, road districts
- Receipt in revenue collected from all offices/departments within the County
- Collect and disburse property tax and real estate taxes to the Ambulance Districts, Fire Districts, Road Districts, Senior Citizens, and Sheltered Workshop
- Manage the County’s self-insured Health Care Fund
- Maintain and disburse County Employment Retirement Funds to the State.
- Maintain and disburse bond forfeitures to the State School Revolving Fund
- Maintain and disburse fees to the Missouri Deputy Sheriff Salary Supplementation Fund
- Prepare and assist in a yearly audit from an outside auditing firm
- Work in conjunction with our Payroll Department to pay salaries and see that state and federal taxes are reported and paid
- Work in conjunction with the Accounts Payable Department to pay county bills
I have worked in the Camden County Treasurer’s Office since 2006 and have been serving as your County Treasurer since 2021. It has been a privilege and honor to serve the citizens of Camden County and working with the wonderful employees of Camden County.